Thursday 14 March 2013

Simon Snoots' whiskers-2

" I am sure everyone has read Simon Snoots' whiskers in elementary school. It was one of the funniest poem i have ever read. But its ending always bothered me as somehow it saddened me to see tragedy befall on the whiskers. So I tried to complete the story in my own way"




The goat chewed of all the whiskers,
Mistaking it as a new kind of hay,
Simon slept not knowing,
Till the clock struck mid-day,
Simon woke up and noticed,
He began to shout and cry,
He was famous for his whiskers,
Without them he felt shy,
Packing his bags in sorrow,
He reported at the circus,
The ringmaster refused to let him in,
He drove him out in anger,
Simon was left alone,
Angry, his whiskers he missed,
He wandered the streets for days,
Till they grew back on his face.

4 comments:

  1. I never read the original poem, but this put a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://childhoodsongs.blogspot.in/2008/10/simon-snoots-whiskers.html
      the link to original...written by an anonymous poet

      Delete
  2. I thought I would add that you have an interesting layout here. And share that the poem I remember most from when in high school was Rhyme Of The Ancient Mariner, introduced to me by Iron Maiden through their adaptation on their album Powerslave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate...yours too is amazing, especially the font in which you write.

      Delete